Studio Science Details Ownership Change, Expansion
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis-based Studio Science is under new ownership. The design and innovation consultancy says it has transferred ownership from founder Kristian Andersen to a group of investors led by current Chief Executive Officer Steve Pruden.
Following the transition, Studio Science says Pruden will continue to manage the day-to-day operations of the company from its expanded headquarters on Monument Circle in downtown Indianapolis.
Additionally, Studio Science has established a new advisory council, which will be led by Pruden. The other inaugural council members include:
- Kristian Andersen, partner at High Alpha and board member with Pathagility, Pattern89, Visible.vc, and Zylo
- Chris Barbin, venture partner with GGV Capital, CTO at SipTequila.com and founder and former CEO of Appirio
- Chris Belli, vice president of marketing and business development at Studio Science
- Kirk Crenshaw, tech industry advisor and investor for Instore, Rootstock Software, Supperbell, Traackr, and Woobot.io
- Glenn Oclassen Jr., chief customer officer at GoFormz and industry advisor
"Joining the Advisory Council was an easy ‘yes’ for me because of Studio Science’s unique position to lead brands through change and evolving customer demands," said Barbin. "They’ve got a powerhouse team that understands the nuances of using insight generation, innovation, and product design to thrive in the digital economy."
Studio Science says more advisory council members will be announced in the coming months.
The company recently expanded its headquarters by occupying an additional floor of the historic Lacy Building. Studio Science says the expansion was necessary to accommodate its increased headcount and the extra space will be used to facilitate collaboration around new Studio Science Labs initiatives.
The company did not state whether the expansion would result in any new jobs.
Pruden appeared on Inside INdiana Business with Gerry Dick last July to talk about Studio Science. You can watch the full interview below: