Angie's List Out as Grand Prix Sponsor
SPEEDWAY - Indianapolis-based Angie's List Inc. (Nasdaq: ANGI) will not be the title sponsor for the annual road course race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in 2017. The company had sponsored the Grand Prix of Indianapolis, which will now be known as the IndyCar Grand Prix, for the past two years.
Angie's List signed on for a two-year sponsorship deal in 2014. The speedway says it is still looking at potential sponsors for the race.
"We’re thankful for the help of Angie’s List in getting a new event up and running and have enjoyed the last few years of partnership," IMS tells Inside INdiana Business. "Moving forward, we believe the new event name presents an opportunity to better position and explain the race within the marketplace."
The change comes less than a month after Angie's List announced it was cutting an undisclosed number of jobs. The company said the move was part of continued efficiency efforts.
"We thoroughly enjoyed our title sponsorship of the Grand Prix," said Angie's List spokesperson Cheryl Reed. "It was a fun to be a part of the race. We've however opted to invest elsewhere and not renew the sponsorship."
IMS also announced Monday that tickets for the 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 are now on sale. Fans can also purchase tickets for other events during the month of May, including the IndyCar Grand Prix and Indy 500 practice and qualification days.
The speedway says kids up to 15-years-old will now be able to receive free general admission to all racing events when accompanied by a paid adult. Previously the only children 12-years-old and younger were allowed free admission.
The IndyCar Grand Prix will take place May 13, 2017, followed by the Indy 500 on May 28. You can find more information by clicking here.