The final stage of New Albany’s portion of a $10 million trail project is moving forward. An approval from the city’s board of public works and safety means construction can begin on the section of the Ohio River Greenway Project that connects New Albany and Clarksville.
The third and final phase for New Albany is expected to take a year-and-a-half to complete. Equipment is being moved in this week so foundation and board walk work can start in the coming days. The city will cover 20 percent of it’s cost, while the other 80 percent is being picked up by the Indiana Department of Transportation. In all, the federally-approved portions of the full project total some $42 million.
The seven-mile linear park is decades in the making and runs along the Ohio River through New Albany, Clarksville and Jeffersonville.
You can connect to more about the project by clicking here.