Evansville Mayor Lloyd Winnecke has detailed several recommendations and goals designed to boost economic development. The Build in Evansville initiative involves administrative and legislative changes that Winnecke says will make new residential and commercial construction projects easier to move forward.
Winnecke says the proposed changes are a result of consulting with building trades, development and building officials.
The overarching goals include:
- Reduce license application time by two-to-three weeks.
- Boost number of applicants for residential sub-contractors
- Streamline administrative work process for contractors
- Protect customers from potential fraudulent work
- Modernize the building codes
In a news release, Winnecke’s office provided additional details about each goal and said the mayor is welcoming additional feedback.