WGU Indiana is looking to address the growing need for health care workers through a new program. The state’s online university says the $2,000 Hoosier Hot Jobs in Healthcare Scholarship targets new students in nursing and health care-focused degree programs.
WGU says the scholarship is part of its renewed emphasis to recruit students looking to advance their education in health care professions.
The Indiana Department of Workforce Development recently issued its Hoosier Hot 50 Jobs list. Registered nurse topped the list, alongside several other health-related jobs. The top 10 were:
1. Registered Nurse: $57,370
2. K-12 Teacher: $49,150
3. Truck Driver: $38,470
4. Sales Representative, Wholesale and Manufacturing: $53,790
5. General and Operations Manager: $90,540
6. Licensed Practical Nurse: $39,900
7. Post-secondary Teacher: $60,958
8. Accountant/Auditor: $59,060
9. Office Manager: $45,580
10. Electrician: $60,310
You can see the full list by clicking here.