A well-known central Indiana entrepreneur and philanthropist is being honored by the Greater Indianapolis Progress Committee. Marianne Glick, who spent 25 years leading Glick Training Associates, an Indianapolis-based company she founded in 1986, is the winner of the 2018 Charles L. Whistler Award. The honor is the organization’s most prestigious award for a community volunteer.
Glick is the current chair of the Glick Family Foundation board and president of the board of Indianapolis-based TeenWorks. She is also owner of GlickArt and is an accomplished artist. Glick is the founder of the Executive Women’s Leadership Program.
Columbus-based Cummins Foundation Chief Executive Officer Mary Titsworth Chandler, who is board chair of GIPC, says "through her unique combination of board leadership, philanthropy, and volunteerism, Marianne Glick has embodied the spirit of public-private collaboration the Whistler Award celebrates. Ms. Glick has consistently worked to make Indianapolis more inclusive and equitable. Her contributions have benefited the neighborhoods, people, and culture of our city, and her impact on Indianapolis is unmatched."
Glick’s current board involvement also includes the Gene B. Glick Co., United Way of Central Indiana, Ivy Tech Community College, IUPUI Chancellor’s Advisory Council, Goodwill, Ascend Indiana and Community Health Foundation. She previously served as a trustee for organizations, including Ball State University and the Central Indiana Community Foundation.
Previous winners of the Whistler Award include:
- 1983: Thomas H. Lake
- 1984: Thomas W. Binford & David R. Frick
- 1985: Frank P. Lloyd
- 1986: Phillip R. Duke & Thomas W. Moses
- 1987: Mattie M. Coney
- 1988: Donald W. Tanselle
- 1989: Ramon L. Humke & Henry C. Ryder
- 1990: Richard O. Morris
- 1991: Eldon Campbell
- 1992: Michael A. Carroll
- 1993: William W. Mays & James T. Morris
- 1994: Fred C. Tucker, Jr.
- 1995: Robert H. Reynolds
- 1996: Thomas M. Miller & Sam H. Jones
- 1997: Dr. Gene Sease
- 1998: Jack Shaw & Dan & Lori Efroymson
- 1999: Andrew Paine & Yvonne Shaheen
- 2000: Rev. T. Garrott Benjamin & Michael Maurer
- 2001: Jerry Semler & Fay Williams
- 2003: Alex Carroll & Rev. Charles Williams
- 2004: Dr. Beurt Servaas & Gerald Bepko
- 2005: Joseph D. Barnette, Jr. & G. Frederick Glass
- 2007: P.E. MacAllister & Marge Tarplee
- 2008: Patrick J. Early
- 2009: John T. Neighbours & Sallie W. Rowland
- 2010: Michael G. Browning
- 2011: Samuel L. Odle
- 2012: David Shane
- 2013: John M. Mutz
- 2014: Martha Lamkin
- 2015: Thomas A. King
- 2016: Sarah & John Lechleiter
- 2017: Andre B. Lacy