United Way of Central Indiana has awarded over $170,000 to human service organizations focusing on housing and food insecurity in Putnam County. The organization says the funding is from individual and corporate donations, Indianapolis-based Lilly Endowment Inc. and a grant from Indiana United Ways.
The nonprofit says a local workgroup identified community needs and found organizations working to alleviate issues brought on by COVID-19.
“United Way is committed to making sure families are supported through these challenging times as we continue to monitor the situation locally and mobilize resources for the greater good,” said UWCI Community Relations Director Chris Flegal.
Organizations receiving funding:
- Putnam County Pantry Coalition — $50,000
- Family Support Services of West Central Indiana/360 Coalition — $50,000
- Beyond Homeless — $50,000
- Patty Pack Program — $18,000
- Putnam County Senior Center — $3,384