Two hotels in the Hoosier State have been added to the AAA Four Diamond Hotel designation for 2022. The Union Club Hotel at Purdue University in West Lafayette and the Bottleworks Hotel in downtown Indianapolis have received the designation coveted by hoteliers.
The Bottleworks Hotel opened in December 2020 as part of the $300 million Bottleworks District.
The Union Club underwent a $35 million renovation that was completed in August 2020.
With the new additions, there are now 12 Indiana hotels that have achieved the coveted status. Hotel Carmichael at the Carmel City Center was added to the list last year.
The travel organization says it dispatched inspectors to 2,000 establishments to see which meet its requirements for amenities, service, and style. AAA launched the diamond rating system in 1937.
The 182-room Union Club Hotel was originally built in 1929 as an extension to the Purdue Memorial Union. A second wing was added in 1939, and a third wing was added in 1955.
The full list of Four Diamond hotels in Indiana includes:
- Bottleworks Hotel, Indianapolis (2022)
- Union Club Hotel at Purdue University, West Lafayette (2022)
- Hotel Carmichael, Carmel (2021)
- French Lick Springs Hotel (2007)
- Conrad Indianapolis (2007)
- Hyatt Regency Indianapolis (2013)
- Ironworks Hotel Indy (2019)
- JW Marriott Indianapolis (2011)
- Le Meridien Indianapolis (2015)
- The Alexander – A Dolce Hotel (2014)
- Morris Inn at Notre Dame (2013)
- West Baden Springs Hotel (2007)
View the full list of AAA Four Diamond Hotels by clicking here.