Top 10 Bicentennial Barns Selected
The Bicentennial Barns project has selected the top 10 barns in Indiana. The project, which was designated an official Indiana Bicentennial Legacy Project, chose the winning barns out of 200 that were submitted from throughout the state.
The winners were chosen by a panel of agriculturalists, artists and preservationists. They were judged on the integrity of the original architecture, the history and story, purpose and overall aesthetics.
The winning barns include:
- Allhands Barn – Henry County
- T.C. Singleton Barn – Daviess County
- Burcham Barn – Porter County
- Feightner Barn – Noble County
- Knigga Barn – Ohio County
- Nedelkoff Barn – Floyd County
- Sheets Barn – Howard County
- Smoker Barn – LaPorte County
- Rouch Barn – St. Joseph County
- Wendel Barn – Franklin County
Project organizers say the 10 that were selected "represent the finest examples of architecture and stewardship." The winners will receive a plaque designed by Indiana artisan Dorrel Harrison.
The winners, along with other entries, will be featured in an exhibit that will travel the state. The dates and locations of the traveling exhibit have yet to be announced.