Indianapolis-based The Mind Trust is investing $207,000 to fund 22 Community Learning Sites in Indianapolis. The organization says the sites will provide more than 800 children in grades K-12 with no-cost eLearning support and supervision while schools are closed.
The Mind Trust says the additional locations will be open from November 30 through January 15.
“Community Learning Sites are our collective response to ensure as many students as possible have access to a safe, productive learning environment without putting financial strain on their families,” said Brandon Brown, chief executive officer of The Mind Trust. “We are grateful for those who have contributed to keep these sites free to families, and we ask for continued support to sustain this effort for our city’s students.”
Earlier this year, the organization awarded $200,000 to 11 nonprofits to create the community learning sites, which serve as hubs for small student groups.
“We are proud to join The Mind Trust today as they expand the number of Community Learning Sites to accommodate increased need,” said Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett. “And to those with the means to further support this effort, please consider donating to extend this program for as long as possible.”
The locations for the Community Learning Sites include:
- Anna Brochhausen School 88, operated by Edna Martin Christian Center
- Brookside Community Development Corp.
- Brookside School 54, operated by John H. Boner Community Center
- Christamore House
- Cornerstone Lutheran Church, operated by Shepherd Community Center
- Crossroads AME Church• Eclectic Soul VOICES Corporation
- Edna Martin Christian Center
- Finish Line Boys & Girls Club of Indianapolis
- Hawthorne Community Center
- Keenan-Stahl Boys & Girls Club of Indianapolis
- Kids Inc, operated by Shepherd Community Center
- LeGore Boys & Girls Club of Indianapolis
- Lilly Boys & Girls Club of Indianapolis
- New Direction Church
- Nikki Blaine Learning Center at Chaney Microlearning Center
- Ralph Waldo Emerson School 58, operated by Shepherd Community Center
- The Reset Center
- Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School, operated by John H. Boner Community Center
- Westside Missionary Baptist Church
- Wheeler-Dowe Boys & Girls Club of Indianapolis
- Witherspoon Presbyterian Church
You can find more information and see all current locations by clicking here.