The Mill, Bloomington’s nonprofit coworking center, has unveiled its 2020 FUSE Business Innovation Awards. The Mill says the awards recognize the accomplishments of companies and individuals in the city’s technology and innovation sectors.
The Mill’s executive director Pat East says the winners are driving growth for the area’s entrepreneurial ecosystem and economy.
“Some of the 2020 winners, like Jeff Mease of One World Enterprises, have been bringing creative ideas to life for years,” said East. “Others, like Megan Cox’s company Genie Supply, are bringing new energy, new talent, and whole new industries to south central Indiana. The Bloomington metro area is rich in experience and ingenuity, and we’re going to need both to fully recover from the economic repercussions of the pandemic.”
The 2020 winners include:
- Bill & Gayle Cook Entrepreneur of the Year – Jeff Mease, One World Enterprises
- Mentor of the Year (awarded to an outstanding role model who has advised and encouraged best practices in an early stage company’s growth) – Cy Megnin, Velocities
- Company of the Year (awarded to a company who exemplifies Bloomington’s values while achieving revenue and job growth) – Catalent
- Rising Star of the Year (awarded to a company with less than ten employees that has laid the foundation for future revenue and job growth) – Genie Supply
- Partner of the Year (awarded to an organization who directly impacts the success of The Mill and its members) – Cook Center for Entrepreneurship
- Community Leader Supporting Entrepreneurship & Innovation (awarded to an individual who proudly and unapologetically supports The Mill and its members with time, energy, and talent) – Lynn Coyne
- Newsworthy Event of the Year (voted by Mill members and awarded to an individual, corporation, or organization who best demonstrates through public relations that great things are happening in Bloomington – Catalent invests $50mm and hires 300 additional employees to support a COVID-19 vaccine
You can connect to the full list of nominees and winners by clicking here.