The Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce has named Brian Kooistra (pictured) chair of the board. He is chief operations officer for Garmong Construction Services. Kooistra has served in numerous capacities since joining the board, including nominating committee chair.
With legislation around SB552 and the proposed casino in Terre Haute, along with the newly released “Terre Haute Is All In” initiative, the Chamber’s Advocacy Committee is headed by John Collett, president of Wabash Valley Asphalt. The responsibilities of the Casino Task Force are shared by Collett and First Vice Chair Sara Smith of Sycamore Engineering.
Additional leadership positions for 2019 include:
• Keith Carter, Kemper CPA Group LLP – Immediate Past Chair
• Sara Smith, Sycamore Engineering – First Vice Chair
• Ellie Caldwell, Sackrider & Company – Vice Chair/Treasure
• John Collett, Wabash Valley Asphalt – Vice Chair of Advocacy
• Bernice Helman, Coldwell Banker, Troy Helman Realtors – Vice Chair of Nominating
• Marla Flowers, Hulman & Co. – Vice Chair of Annual Meeting
• Nathan Vooys, Regional Hospital – Vice Chair of Community Programs
• Curt Wilkinson, Wilkinson, Goeller, Modesitt, Wilkinson & Drummy – Vice Chair of Governance