Applications and nominations are open for the 19th Annual Mira Awards. The move begins a six-month process to select winners in 18 individual, product, company and "people’s choice" categories celebrating the best of technology in Indiana.
You can find application and nomination forms by clicking here. The submission deadline is Friday, January 19. The 19th Annual Mira Awards is set for Saturday, Fifty-two independent subject matter experts will evaluate and rank the applications to determine the nominees. A panel of judges will hear presentations from the nominees before selecting the winners. April 28 at the JW Marriott in Indianapolis.
Indiana’s technology initiative TechPoint, which organizes the awards, says winners often see increased sales, venture capital and talent attraction.As examples, the organization says cloud solutions integrator Kinney Group connected with an out-of-state venture capital firm through the Mira Awards and ended up attracting a $6 million investment. The organization says last year’s winners employed more than 7,500 Hoosiers and over 34,500 people worldwide.
The 2018 categories include:
- Investor of the Year
- Community Champion of the Year
- Educator of the Year
- TechPoint Foundation for Youth Bridge Builder Award
- Rising Star Award
- Trailblazer Award
- Best New Tech Product
- Tech Service of the Year
- Innovation of the Year
- Corporate Innovator of the Year
- Company Culture of the Year
- New Tech Start-up of the Year
- Tech Scale-up of the Year ($100K-$5 Million Revenue)
- Tech Scale-up of the Year ($5MM-$20 Million Revenue)
- Tech Company of the Year ($20+ Million Revenue)
“PEOPLE’S CHOICE” PUBLIC VOTING AWARDS
- Best Tech T-Shirt or Swag
- Best Tech Event
- Best Tech Space