Indianapolis-based TechPoint has unveiled the winners of the 2021 Mira Awards, honoring the Best in Tech in Indiana. The event, which was held virtually Thursday evening to an audience of nearly 6,000, included more than 120 nominees in 16 categories. One of the big winners this year is Indianapolis-based Malomo, a shipment tracking platform for e-commerce brands, which won Startup of the Year and Rising Entrepreneur of the Year for co-founder and Chief Executive Officer Yaw Aning.
The winners were selected by a panel of 52 independent, volunteer judges, including company founders, CEOs and presidents, engineers and more. TechPoint says the judges spent more than 850 total hours evaluating more than 200 applications.
This year’s Mira Awards included a new category: the Pandemic Pivot of the Year award. The award was created to recognize tech employers who “responded to the health and economic crisis in remarkable ways to serve societal or customer needs, to seize opportunities created by market demand shifts, or simply to survive amidst difficult challenges.”
The award was broken into two subcategories. Indianapolis-based OneCause, a social fundraising software platform, won the award for the Small-Medium Businesses category, while Carmel-based KAR Global (NYSE: KAR) won for the Institutions and Large Enterprises category.
The full list of 2021 Mira Award winners includes:
- Pandemic Pivot of the Year (Small-Medium Businesses) – OneCause
- Pandemic Pivot of the Year (Institutions and Large Enterprises) – KAR Global
- Community Impact Award – Anushree Bag, Executive Director of Risk and Compliance, Indiana Office of Technology
- Rising Tech City Award – City of Bloomington
- Tech Education Award – CIO Matt Etchison, CDO Brad Watts and the Ivy Tech Community College ITS Team
- Tech Product of the Year – 3Oe Scientific – IGGY™
- Service Partner of the Year – PIER Group
- Innovation of the Year – NearWave Imager
- Trailblazer Award – Justin Christian, CEO and Founder, BCforward
- TechPoint Foundation for Youth Bridge Builder Award – Dr. Carlotta Berry, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Rising Entrepreneur Award – Yaw Aning, Co-founder & CEO, Malomo
- Investor of the Year – IU Ventures
- Startup of the Year – Malomo
- Exceptional Employer Award – GadellNet Consulting Services
- Large Enterprise of the Year – Eli Lilly and Company
- Scale-up of the Year – Socio
You can learn more about this year’s winners by clicking here.