The Northeast Indiana Innovation Center in Fort Wayne says seven startups have launched through its Student Venture Lab Program. The organization says six are for-profit and one, focusing on feeding the needy, is nonprofit.
The program is by the Lincoln Financial Foundation, the Edward & Mary McCrea Wilson Foundation and iAB Financial Bank.
SVL Program Manager Gary Fry says "one of the most rewarding parts of my job is coaching students who want to be entrepreneurs through The NIIC’s Student Venture Lab Program. Getting the chance to guide a new generation of leaders is truly amazing. My favorite part is witnessing the hope, the passion, the drive they exhibit to make their businesses successful."
The NIIC describes the latest startup class:
- 3-B Apps is a technology based company, started by Mitchell, Connor and Nathan Skees, that specializes in creating online ordering phone apps for the restaurant industry.
- FlareWear is a company developed by Toni Covey and Albert Scardina with the mission to change the preconceived notions of the clothing industry by providing simple, free spirited, and boundry-less apparel.
- Shadi Beauty Bar by Pasjion Weaver creates custom cosmetics out of all natural ingredients to match an individual’s exact skin tone.
- Mahogany Sugar Company is an online, specialty bakery focusing on cakes-in-a jar and offering 75 different flavors of cupcakes, all baked by Rachel Thompson.
- Keith Bookwalter is developing a company to benefit those with an active lifestyle. His products are currently in testing and will use solar energy to charge a cell phone in under five hours when a traditional power source is unavailable.
- Brady Sheehan is currently in the development stages of creating a phone app that will help shoppers more efficiently navigate the aisles of local grocery stores.
- Delicious Diverse Dinners is a non profit organization created by Dominique Goodlow. The organization aims to bring authentic meals to the homeless of Fort Wayne.
You can connect to more about The NIIC, its programs and services by clicking here.