The Indiana Department of Labor is celebrating Hoosier companies and workers for "exemplary workplace safety practices and advocacy." The department, in conjunction with the Indiana Chamber of Commerce and the Central Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers, presented the Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards and Everyday Safety Hero Awards at the 2019 Indiana Safety and Health Conference.
"Safety compliance and advocacy are paramount to ensuring employees go home to their families safe and sound each day, and that is our first and foremost goal," said Rick Ruble, commissioner of the Indiana Department of Labor. "Indiana has a strong culture of workplace safety and health, and that is because of the kind of diligence we see from companies and individuals honored here today."
The Governor’s Workplace Safety Award recipients include:
- Education & Outreach: Gribbins Insulation (Evansville)
- Innovations, Large-size Company: FCA US LLC Kokomo Transmission Plant (Kokomo)
- Innovation, Medium-size Company: Lehigh Cement Company LLC (Mitchell)
- Partnerships: Sustainable Sourcing LLC (Clinton)
- Rising Star, Large-size Company: Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane (Odon)
- Rising Star, Medium-size Company: MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. – Huntingburg Operations (Huntingburg)
- Rising Star, Small-size Company: Univertical LLC (Angola)
The Everyday Safety Hero Award is presented to Hoosiers who have "championed workplace safety and health excellence in their respective workplaces." The recipients were chosen based on a narrative provided by their respective nominators.
- Kurt Farrell, Chesterton Unit Foreman at the Indiana Department of Transportation in La Porte
- Alex Grannan, Human Resources Manager at Blue River Wood Products, of Salem
- Rob Green, Facility Manager at Univertical, of Angola
- Robert Sheffield, Press Operator at Printpack, of Bloomington
You can learn more about the Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards by clicking here.