Lieutenant Governor Suzanne Crouch and the Indiana Destination Development Corp. have unveiled the winners of the 2021 Hoosier Hospitality Awards. Additionally, the Huber family was named the recipient of the state’s highest tourism honor, the Will Koch Indiana Tourism Leadership Award.
The Huber family owns Huber Orchard, Winery and Vineyards in Clark County. Visit Indiana says today, Huber’s covers 700 acres and its the state’s largest wine-grape producer, in addition to becoming a popular destination with more than 700,000 annual visitors.
“We do what we do every day because we love it, and when you do that, you don’t necessarily expect recognition,” said Dana Huber, vice president of marketing and public relations at Huber Orchard, Winery and Vineyards. “I am so blessed to represent a family that has had such historical presence in Indiana.”
Crouch also presented Dan O’Connell, president and chief executive officer of Visit Fort Wayne, with the Visit Indiana Leadership Award. Last month, O’Connell announced his plans to retire at the end of the year after more than 30 years in the role.
“These award winners represent the best of our state,” Crouch said. “I want to congratulate the Huber family for its vision and passion of showcasing Indiana’s agriculture and tourism, and Dan’s dedication and leadership to grow Visit Fort Wayne into all it has become over the last 30 years.”
Crouch and the IDDC also presented 16 tourism industry representatives with the Hoosier Hospitality Award. They include:
- Haley Anderson – Columbus Area Visitors Center (Bartholomew County)
- Reigan Fields – Residence Inn by Marriott, Indianapolis (Marion County)
- Mike Grabowski – Embassy Suites by Hilton (Hendricks County)
- Cara and Tim Hall – Fort Wayne Outfitters & Bike Depot (Allen County)
- Sarah Janner – Holiday Inn Express (Howard County)
- Gio Lorenzo – Hilton Garden Inn, Indianapolis (Marion County)
- Jim McDaniel – Ohio County Tourism Board President (Ohio County)
- June Ortiz – Fruitshine Wine (Carroll County)
- Jamie Allen Ridenour – Hampton Inn & Suites (Howard County)
- Karen Shockley – Holiday Inn Express & Suites (Bartholomew County)
- Sharon Townsend – Hampton Inn (Jackson County)
- Annette Trotter – Turner Coaches (Vigo County)
- Jose Vidal – Home2 Suites (Johnson County)
- Tricia Wilson – Dollie’s Farm (Johnson County)
- Lisa Wodrich – Lemon Tree Mediterranean Grill and Third Coast Spice Café (Porter County)