The Indiana Department of Education is recognizing 20 more Promising Practices throughout the state. The program recognizes high-quality education practices that have a positive influence on students.
In all, the IDOE will identify 200 Promising Practices in celebration of Indiana’s bicentennial. The department says to date, 148 programs have been recognized, all of which are reviewed with input from experts who work directly with the school or district.
"As I travel across the state, I see schools and communities implementing innovative education practices to meet the diverse needs of Hoosier students," said Glenda Ritz, Indiana’s superintendent of public instruction. "High-quality instructional practices and support services are essential to providing every student with a high-quality education. I am excited to recognize these innovative practices today."
The latest Promising Practices are listed below. You can find more information on the program by clicking here.
School Corporation, School, Promising Practice:
- Batesville Community School Corp., Batesville Primary School, Mandarin Immersion in Kindergarten
- Monroe County Community School Corp., Bloomington High School South, Plus Time, PACE and PLC Teams
- School City of Hammond, Charles N. Scott Middle School, Teacher Reflection = Student Success
- MSD Decatur Township, Decatur Middle School, PLC’s in Action
- East Chicago Urban Enterprise Acad School District, East Chicago Urban Enterprise, Small Group Intervention
- Indianapolis Public Schools, Emerson Elementary School, Peer Models for Students with Autism
- Monroe County Community School Corp., Grandview Elementary School, STEM: Relevant, Exciting, Real World
- Lake Ridge Schools Corp., Lake Ridge New Tech Middle School, HI-DEF: Helping Individuals Design Extraordinary Futures
- LaPorte Community School Corp., South LaPorte County Special Ed Cooperative, A.S.P.I.R.E. – Accessing Services Promoting Experiences In Real Environments
- East Allen County Schools, Leo Elementary School, High Performance Teaming
- MSD Wayne Township, Lynhurst 7th & 8th Grade Center, International Festival
- Middlebury Community Schools, Middlebury Community Schools, GrapeSEED is Changing Lives
- River Forest Community School Corp., Meister and Evans Elementary School, In-School Therapy for Students
- Mississinewa Community School Corp., Mississinewa High School, Mississinewa AP Extension Program
- Northeastern Wayne Schools, Northeastern Middle School, Tweeting Our Successes to Engage Our Community
- Huntington County Community School Corp., Riverview Middle School, Grade Level Teaming
- MSD Wayne Township, Stout Field Elementary, Summeropolis – A City of Learning
- Indiana Network of Independent Schools, The Excel Center, Wrap Around Services for Adult Learners
- Warsaw Schools, Washington STEM Academy, Authentic Learning Through STEM
- Penn-Harris-Madison School Corp., Penn-Harris-Madison School Corp., Visual Arts Academy