Twenty small businesses have been recognized by the state with Economic Development and Growth Through Entrepreneurship Awards. Recipients were honored during a ceremony Wednesday with Lieutenant Governor Suzanne Crouch and U.S. Small Business Administration Administrator Linda McMahon.
The new businesses recognized have operated for less than a year and the established businesses have to be in business for at least a year. All 20 companies have received assistance from the Indiana Small Business Development Center, which has 10 regional offices throughout the state.
Crouch says "if you’re looking for what’s driving Indiana’s robust economic growth, look to our state’s small businesses and the Hoosiers behind them. Today there are half a million small business across Indiana, which are developing new ways to innovate and serve their communities. Today’s EDGE Award winners exemplify the hard work and determination it takes to launch and grow a business, showcasing the best of the Hoosier entrepreneurial spirit."
The 2017 Emerging EDGE Award winners are:
- CapeAble Sensory Products in Fort Wayne
- Diamond K Sweets in Spencer
- Eddie Joe’s IceHouse in West Point
- Enjole’ Interiors in Evansville
- Midas Auto in Anderson
- Midwest Quality Fire Protection in Granger
- Prestige Clinics in Munster
- Trim Free Borders in Brookville
- Uptown Pup in Indianapolis
- Wellness Box Inc. in Terre Haute
The 2017 Established EDGE Award winners are:
- AB BioTechnologies in Bloomington
- Behavior Associates of Indiana in Muncie
- Capital Roofing Solutions in New Albany
- DVG Team in Crown Point
- FiFi’s Lunch Box in Terre Haute
- Green Alternatives Inc. in Kokomo
- K&K Dirtworks Inc. in Evanston
- Newfangled Confections in Indianapolis
- Niche Market Furniture in New Haven
- Nurses Etc. Staffing in Warsaw
You can connect to more details about the winners by clicking here.