The Indiana State Fair has announced the 18 Hoosier farm families who will be showcased during each day of this year’s fair. Now in its seventh year, the Featured Farmers program helps illustrate the diversity of Indiana-grown crops and the farmers behind them.
The farming operations come from different regions of the state and represent crops ranging from apples to strawberries and livestock from bison to swine.
“Our Featured Farmers program connects fairgoers to Hoosier farmers daily during the State Fair with opportunities to learn more about where their food comes from,” said Cindy Hoye, executive director, Indiana State Fair Commission. “These farmers have incredible stories to tell, and we are proud to honor and celebrate them.”
The farm families will take part in a live chat with fair goers each day starting at 2:30 p.m. in the Glass Barn. The fair runs July 29-August 21.
Here is the complete list of the selected farmers, their products and home counties:
- (July 29) Sheller Family Farms (Corn), Hamilton County
- (July 30) Martin Family Farms (Swine), Warren County
- (July 31) Red Frazier Bison Ranch (Bison), Greene County
- (August 3) Goin’s Blueberry Lane (Blueberries), Starke County
- (August 4) Gutwein Popcorn (Popcorn), Pulaski County
- (August 5) Hodgen Farms (Soybeans), Putnam County
- (August 6) New Age Provisions Farm (Urban Farmer), Marion County
- (August 7) Eggersman Brothers Cattle (Beef Cattle), Jackson County
- (August 10) Salomon Farms LLC (Corn/Soybeans, Custom baling), Whitley County
- (August 11) Countryside and Apple Hill Orchards (Apples), Vanderburgh
- (August 12) Wagler Dairy (Dairy Cattle), Brown County
- (August 13) Dutch Valley Growers (Tomatoes & Onions), LaPorte County
- (August 14) Superior Dairy (Dairy Cattle), DeKalb County
- (August 17) 3D Valley Farm (Maple Syrup and other farm delicacies), Harrison County
- (August 18) Mark & Peggy Jones (Hardwoods), Orange County
- (August 19) Bourbon Bound Farms (Whiskey/Corn/Cover Crops), Jackson County
- (August 20) Lick Creek Flower Company (Flowers), Madison County
- (August 21) Scott Farms (Wheat, Corn & Soybeans), Cass County