The Spencer County Visitors Bureau says tourism businesses in the county have invested more than $15 million in upgrades ahead of the summer season. Santa’s Lodge, Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort and Lincoln State Park are among the attractions making improvements.
"Seeing Spencer County businesses continue to enhance their properties, and with new tourism businesses launching this year, we are excited and ready to welcome visitors from all over," said Melissa Brockman, executive director of the Spencer County Visitors Bureau. "The tourism industry is a tremendous asset for Spencer County and it continues to grow and enrich the community."
Some of the investments include:
- Santa’s Lodge updated its indoor pool and 21 hotel rooms, installed a new air conditioning system in the Celebration Room, and more.
- Lincoln Amphitheatre made venue improvements, such as replacing processors that control all lighting and equipment repairs.
- Firecracker is a Calypso ride added to the 4th of July section at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari.
- Stone Ridge Station will open in June, located between Santa Claus and Lincoln City, and provide gasoline, an electric car charging station, coffee shop, and full menu with options that include healthy alternatives.
- Corner House Bed & Breakfast added a deck to its reception site.
- Lincoln State Park invested in infrastructure improvements throughout the park.
- Holiday Drive-In is continuing to work on the sixth screen addition.
- A new lodging entity in Lincoln City, Lincoln Pines Lakefront Resort, opened nine cabins and installed a pool and two lakes.
- Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort added 14 Rudolph’s Christmas Cabins, 25 Holiday Cottages, and 20 golf cars to its property.
- Santa’s Lakeside Cottages built six new cottages and two lakes.
- Christmas Lake Golf Course & Events Center has invested in its clubhouse and golf course.
- The Town of Santa Claus is working to develop walking trails throughout the town and into Lincoln City.
- The Santa Claus Christmas Store enhanced display spaces and made interior improvements.
- Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum will be renovating existing cabins on site.
- Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop installed new storefront signage.
- The Santa Claus Museum & Village invested in infrastructure improvements and new exhibits.
- Santa’s Stables added to its lineup of trail horses.
- Frosty’s Fun Center is increasing its kitchen and dining room spaces by adding on to the restaurant.
- Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery invested in new equipment to open the distillery.