The Spencer County Visitors Bureau says tourism businesses have invested more than $8 million in upgrades ahead of the 2018 summer season. Lincoln Amphitheatre, Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari and the new Mistletoe Manor are among those making improvements.
"The tourism industry in Spencer County is strong and continues to improve," said Melissa Arnold, executive director of the Spencer County Visitors Bureau. "It’s exciting to see the continued developments and enhancements focused on the visitor experience throughout the local destination."
The upgrades made through the investments include:
- The Santa Claus Christmas Store added large display pieces to its showroom floor and expanded Mrs. Claus’s Sweet Treats to offer more items.
- Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum invested in museum lighting, displays, and restoration projects.
- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari added new attractions like Tembo Falls and Tembo Tides, plus other additions and improvements throughout the park.
- Santa’s Lakeside Cottages added three cottages, a train ride for guests, an arcade/game room, and more.
- Lincoln Amphitheatre continues to invest in venue improvements such as sound equipment upgrades, lighting, and golf carts for courtesy rides.
- Mistletoe Manor, a new accommodation in Santa Claus, opened a vacation rental with space for family reunions and small groups to gather.
- Saint Meinrad Archabbey completed the restoration of Monte Cassino Shrine.
- Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort added 20 Holiday Cottages, 40 rental golf carts, and more.
- Lincoln State Park invested in park improvements such as tree plantings and upgrades to the group camp dining hall.
- Santa’s Lodge updated its Celebration Room for special events, purchased new mattresses for double and queen guest rooms, and completed other hotel improvements.
- The Town of Santa Claus invested in upgrades at the Santa Claus Community Center, Jim Yellig Park, and pedestrian/bike trails throughout the town.