The Southwest Indiana Chamber has announced the winners of its 2018 business awards. The recipients were announced at the organization’s Annual Meeting & Dinner, where the new chairman of the chamber’s board of directors was also nominated.
Nearly 800 people were in attendance to find out this year’s award winners. They include:
- Normal P. Wagner Business of the Year: Accuride Corp.
- Small Business of the Year: Signarama Evansville
- Richard A. Schlottman Business Person of the Year: Tom Burkhardt
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Brian Wildeman, president of Wilde Horticultural IHC
- Nonprofit of the Year: Junior Achievement of Southwest Indiana
- Volunteer of the Year: Doug Minor
- Young Professionals of the Year: Matthew Nix and Nate Hahn
The chamber also nominated Christine Keck, director of federal government affairs at Evansville-based Vectren Corp. (NYSE: VVC), as chairman of the board for the 2018-2020 term. She succeeds Jim Sandgren of Old National Bancorp (Nasdaq: ONB), who stepped down from the role.