On the heels of what it calls a "great year" in tourism, Visit South Bend Mishawaka says it believes 2019 will be even stronger. The organization expects events like IDEA Week in April, the U.S. Senior Open and the Midwest League All-Star Game to help the region top last year’s tourism numbers.
The events coming to the region this year include:
- IDEA Week in April, which will feature speakers and entertainers including Bill Nye and country music star Tim McGraw
- The USA Hockey 14U Tier II National Championships in April, expected to draw 40 teams and generate around 2,500 hotel rooms
- The Midwest League All-Star Game in June, hosted by South Bend for the first time in 30 years
- The U.S. Senior Open June 24-30 at Warren Gold Course, expected to draw over 100,000 fans over the course of a week
- A classic car exhibition from the Studebaker National Museum in July at the Oliver Mansion
- The Art Beat arts festival beginning August 17