The IT Sector Partnership, South Bend Code School and the South Bend Regional Chamber have announced a 24 HOURS of Code event, which kicks off at noon today. The event offers hourly classes across the South Bend-Elkhart region to learn the basics of code.
The 24 HOURS of Code event is an opportunity for people of all ages to participate in a one-hour, learn-to-code instructor class over a 24-hour period.
Some of the classes will be “live” and others will be run via Skype.
The host sites for live classes include:
- Bendix Adult Education Center
- Bethel University
- Concord Intermediate School
- Elkhart Public LIbrary
- ETHOS Innovation Center
- Goodwill Career Center – Elkhart
- Goodwill Career Center – Mishawaka
- Goshen College
- Indiana Tech – Mishawaka
- Ivy Tech Community College – South Bend
- Nappanee Public Library
- New Prairie Middle School
- Notre Dame Center for Arts and Culture
- Robinson Community Learning Center
- St. Joseph County Public Library – Main Branch
- The Excel Center – South Bend
- University of Notre Dame
- WorkOne – South Bend
Participants that want to know more about IT education, training and career opportunities in the region will be connected to the IT Sector Partnership and available resources at the event.
The event is funded through a Skill UP Indiana Grant.