Purdue University has formed a search committee to find the next chancellor for the school’s Fort Wayne campus. The 11-member committee will present a list of candidates for the position to Purdue President Mitch Daniels by July 1.
The university says the person selected for the position will succeed current IPFW Chancellor Vicky Carwein, who earlier this month announced her plans to retire before the end of this year.
"This is an extremely important step as we look to the future of Purdue’s presence in Northeast Indiana," said Gary Lehman, member of the Purdue Board of Trustees and chair of the search committee. "I’m grateful to each member of this search committee for agreeing to spend the time and effort necessary to find the next chancellor to lead this campus."
Purdue says Daniels has tasked the committee with finding candidates who "have the capabilities to address the needs of the Northeast Indiana economy, to shape campus programs so they will attract an increasing number of students, to allocate resources effectively to ensure fiscal stability, and to work closely with faculty to complete campus restructuring and realignment."
The committee will also set up a town hall-style forum allowing members of the community to hear from the finalists being considered for the position. The members of the search committee include:
- Gary Lehman (chair), member of Purdue Board of Trustees
- Jeff Malanson, associate professor of history and IPFW Senate presiding officer
- Beomjin Kim, professor of computer science and chair, IPFW College of Engineering, Technology and Computer Science
- Terri Swim, professor of educational studies and associate dean, IPFW College of Education and Public Policy
- John Niser, professor and chair, IPFW Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management, College of Health and Human Services; IPFW Senate representative to the University Senate
- Tamarah Brownlee, IPFW director of human resources and institutional equity
- Audeen Fentiman, Crowley Family Professor in Engineering Education and associate dean of engineering for graduate education and interdisciplinary programs, Purdue College of Engineering
- Vic Lechtenberg, professor emeritus of agronomy, dean emeritus of the Purdue College of Agriculture, and special assistant to the president, Purdue University
- David Reingold, professor of sociology and Justin S. Morrill Dean of the Purdue College of Liberal Arts
- Indiana State Sen. (ret.) Tom Wyss, IPFW alumnus
- Valeria Castro Salazar, IPFW student and president, Honors Student Group