Indiana University has appointed a search committee to find a new vice provost for student affairs and dean of students for its Bloomington campus. The candidate selected will succeed Pete Goldsmith, who is retiring June 30.
The search committee will be chaired by Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education Dennis Groth. The position in question includes leading the campus’ Division of Student Affairs.
"The Division of Student Affairs touches virtually every aspect of students’ lives, and we are so grateful to Pete Goldsmith for his deep dedication to fostering a culture of care on this campus," said Lauren Robel, provost and executive vice president at IU Bloomington. "The next vice provost and dean will build on this foundation and will play a central role in ensuring that our campus provides a diverse and inclusive environment that promotes academic success and ethical behavior."
Goldsmith announced his plans to retire in January. The search committee, appointed by Robel to find Goldsmith’s successor, includes faculty, staff and students at IU Bloomington.
Along with Groth, the search committee members include:
- Karen Allen, director, Social Work Program
- Jacque Bollinger, director of residential life, Residential Programs and Services
- Fritz Breithaupt, chair and professor of Germanic studies, College of Arts and Sciences
- Danielle DeSawal, clinical associate professor and master’s program coordinator, School of Education
- Pete Grogg, executive director, IU Health Center
- Stephen Harper, assistant general counsel, Office of the Vice President and General Counsel
- Laury Flint, chief of police, IU Police Department
- Michael Johnson, graduate student, Higher Education and Student Affairs
- Adrian Paneto, representative, Graduate and Professional Student Government
- Steve Sanders, associate professor of law, chair of Bloomington Faculty Council Student Affairs Committee
- Babita Upadhyay, representative, Bloomington Faculty Council
- Hank Walter, director, Indiana Memorial Union
- Jalen Watkins, representative, IU Student Association
- Sara Zaheer, chief of staff, IU Student Association
- Catherine Dyar (ex-officio), chief of staff, Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President
- Jacqueline Cushman, project specialist, Office of the Provost
- Christy Moore, executive assistant, Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education