Nine Hoosier companies and eight individuals have been recognized by the state of Indiana for “exemplary workplace safety practices.”
They were honored during the Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards luncheon in Indianapolis.
It’s jointly hosted by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, the Central Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers and the Indiana Department of Labor.
“Their exemplary efforts in protecting themselves, their teams and Indiana’s workers altogether deserve nothing less than total gratitude and appreciation,” said Rick Ruble, commissioner of the Indiana Department of Labor.
Individuals were also honored with the Everyday Safety Hero Award, which recognizes Hoosiers who champion workplace safety. Indiana Chamber of Commerce President Kevin Brinegar says there is no greater asset to companies than their workforce who utilize safe working habits.
“We applaud these organizations and leaders for not only recognizing that a safe workplace is paramount but going above and beyond to ensure that is their culture,” said Brinegar.
Indiana companies were recognized in the following categories: Education and Outreach, Innovations, Partnerships, and Rising Star. Recipients include:
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Lafayette
- Schneider Electric, Huntington
- Leaders Staffing LLC, Ft. Wayne
- Louis Dreyfus Company Agricultural Industries, Claypool
- Gribbins Insulation, Evansville
- Sustainable Sourcing, LLC, Clinton
- Indiana Packers Corp., Delphi
- Meritor, Plainfield, Ind.– Rising Star
- ORG CHEM Group, Troy, Ind. – Rising Star
Winners of the Everyday Safety Hero Award are:
- Clifford Lee, Health and Safety Coordinator at AVPORTS Management, LLC in Gary
- Bruce Edwards, Facilities Coordinator at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Crane
- Justin Loschen, Production Lead at Printpack in Bloomington
- Cheryl Burkhalter-Stoyke, Health Services Mgr at Indiana Packers Corp. in Delphi
- Chris Northington, Operations Mgr at Indiana Packers Corp. in Frankfort
- C. Prater, Operations Mgr. at Indiana Packers Corp. in Delphi
- D. Reed, Superintendent at Indiana Packers Corp. in Delphi
- Charles Khulenberg, Ass’t Superintendent at Indiana Packers Corp. in Delphi
The chamber says individuals, who may not be safety and health professionals, were nominated by their peers or organizations.