Rolls-Royce Corp. in Indianapolis has been awarded a $118 million boost to one of its military contracts. The U.S. Department of Defense says the work, being done for the Marine Corps and the government of Japan, is expected to be completed in November 2017.
The contract calls for Rolls-Royce to produce 50 AE1107C engines and related spares for the MV-22 aircraft. All of the work will be performed in Indianapolis.
The DOD says about 76 percent of the order will go to the Navy and the remaining 24 percent will go the Japanese government. The Naval Air Systems Command is the contracting activity.