Regional winners advance to statewide pitch competition
Indianapolis-based The STARTedUP Foundation has announced the 10 regional winners of the Innovate WithIN Pitch Competition. The winners will advanced to the state competition next month to complete for a $25,000 seed funding grand prize.
Teams of up to three high school students are given the opportunity to pitch their business ideas to a panel of judges comprised of entrepreneurs and business leaders.
By advancing to the finals, the regional winners will participate in an eight-week boot camp where they will work with entrepreneurs and innovators to develop market-ready prototypes and revenue models, according to the foundation.
The 10 regional winners moving on to the finals include:
- Cancer Catch – Suhani Lodha and Jacqueline Roth – Carmel High School
- Clean Line – Nathan Dierckman and Makayla Phillips – Carmel High School
- Communi – Seth Cavinder, Emilie Henry, and Adrianna Senteney – AMP Lab at Electric Works (Fort Wayne)
- Dr. Orthopedic – Claire Deardorff and Jennifer Vazquez – Signature School Inc. (Evansville)
- Intellikits – Nash Brown and Connor Wueller – Dekalb High School (Waterloo)
- Legaltec – Jude Allaw, Ethan Hilton, and Mann Patel – Signature School Inc. (Evansville)
- Novos – Joshua Avila, Austin Beetson, and Sayeed Mohammed – Munster High School
- Osci Charge – Josiah Findley and Ian Jack – Greenfield-Central High School
- Red Applications – Westfield High School
- Tow Scout – Benjamin Eberle – Hobart High School
The state competition will take place June 15 at Butler University in Indianapolis. The winning team will receive $25,000 in seed funding, and the runners-up will receive $10,000 in 529 funds along with other awards.
You can learn more about the state finals by clicking here.