Nearly ten family farms have been honored at the Red Gold Growers Banquet in Indianapolis. The tomato growers have farms located in Indiana and Ohio.
January 23, 2015
ELWOOD, Ind. – Red Gold honored eight growers with the Red Gold Master Grower Award at Red Gold’s recent Grower’s Banquet held in Indianapolis, IN in conjunction with Purdue University’s Horticulture Congress. All the Master Growers were awarded with a Red Gold plaque. The Master Growers were:
1. Cates Brothers Farms of Marion, IN receiving their 3rd Master Grower Award
2. Daily Farms of Kokomo, IN receiving their 8th Master Grower Award
3. Detling Farms of Union City, OH receiving their 12th Master Grower Award
4. Kurtz Farms of Malinta, OH receiving their 3rd Master Grower Award
5. McKillip Farms of Wabash, IN receiving their 3rd Master Grower Award
6. Middlesworth Farms of Marion, IN receiving their 7th Master Grower Award
7. Planson Farms of Stryker, OH receiving their 8th Master Grower Award
8. State Line Farms of Lyons, OH receiving their 6th Master Grower Award.
The Master Grower Award is given away each year to recipients who have distinguished themselves from others by delivering quality production, and exhibiting professionalism and industry leadership. All growers for Red Gold have had training on good production practices, employee safety, and human resources. Out of the eight growers that were awarded with the Master Grower Award, Cates Brothers Farms of Marion, IN was chosen to receive the coveted E.A. Reichart Quality Achievement Award to honor them as Tomato Grower of the Year. The Reichart family was pleased to present the award to Brian and Jason Cates of Cates Brothers Farms before a group of nearly 200, consisting of growers and their families and Red Gold employees in attendance.
Photo (L to R): Steve Planson, Kevin Kurtz, Gary Gallup, Lennie Stout, Wade Planson, Jason Kurtz, Ryan Stout, Nate Gage, Brett Middlesworth, Chris Daily, Brandon Tinkel, Brian Cates, Jason Cates, Rex Detling, Max Middlesworth, Danny Middlesworth, Shane Middlesworth, Dick Detling, and Brian Middlesworth.
About Red Gold:
Four generations of the Reichart family have been producing Red Gold premium quality tomato products in Indiana since 1942. Exceptional quality and operational excellence are the shared values that contributed to the employee-created mission statement: “To produce the freshest, best tasting tomato products in the world.” Visit www.RedGoldTomatoes.com and www.Facebook.com/RedGold for special offers and delicious tomato recipes.
Source: Red Gold