A national economic development industry publication is giving Indiana high marks in its annual State Business Climate Rankings. The Hoosier state placed 10th this year on the list from Site Selection magazine. Indiana and Ohio are the only non-southern states in the top 10.
On the executive survey portion of the rankings, which accounts for half the overall ranking, Indiana was tied with Virginia for 6th. The other half is based on a mix of ratings from seven factors, including
- performance in Site Selection’s annual Prosperity Cup ranking
- total project locations and expansions compliant with the Conway Projects Database in 2015
- total projects per capita in 2015
- total year-to-date projects
- total year-to-date projects per capita
- state tax burdens on mature firms according to a Tax Foundation and KPMG Location Matters analysis
- state tax burdens on new firms according to a Tax Foundation and KPMG Location Matters analysis
Georgia place number one, followed by North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas. You can connect to the full ranking by clicking here.