The Indiana Chamber of Commerce’s inaugural Coolest Thing Made in Indiana tournament is now down to eight quarterfinalists. The contest is meant to celebrate the state’s manufacturing tradition.
The winner will be crowned February 15 at the Indiana Chamber’s Chamber Day Event at the Indiana Roof Ballroom in Indianapolis.
The quarterfinalists are listed below:
- Hoosier Bat Co. – wood baseball bats used in Major League Baseball (Valparaiso)
- Hudson Aquatic Systems LLC – underwater treadmills for dogs, horses and humans (Angola)
- Janus Motorcycles – production motorcycle (Goshen)
- Old 55 Distillery – bottled-in-bond 100% sweet corn bourbon (Newtown)
- Trek Container Pools – shipping container pools (Anderson)
- Wag’n Tails Mobile Conversions – mobile pet grooming salons and veterinary clinics (South Bend)
- Warm Glow Candle Co. – candles with “lumpy, bumpy exterior” (Centerville)
- Wood-Mizer – portable sawmills, various uses include building houses and making baseball bats (Batesville and Indianapolis)
The chamber says public voting for the competition is underway. Quarterfinal voting ends February 6 and overall voting ends on February 14.
To participate, a company did not need to be headquartered in Indiana, but the product entered must be manufactured in the state. The competition started with 65 companies from nearly 50 locations in 35 counties.
You can learn more about each product by clicking here.