Purdue Team Advances in Hyperloop Competition
A team of Purdue University students will get to test its design in the SpaceX Hyperloop pod competition. The Purdue team will join 21 others that will build their designs at the first Hyperloop Test Track in California.
The Purdue Hyperloop Design Team presented its design last weekend at the compeitition’s Design Weekend at Texas A&M University. Over 100 student teams from 27 states and 20 countries participated in the competition.
Teams were judged on categories including design detail, innovation, strength of supporting analysis and tests, quality of documentation and presentation, and feasibility for test tract competition.
The testing competition will take place this summer. An exact date has not yet been announced.
The other teams that advanced in the competition include:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Delft University of Technology (The Netherlands)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Virginia Tech
- University of California Irvine
- University of Waterloo
- University of Washington
- University of Toronto
- University of Maryland and Rutgers University
- University of Florida
- University of Colorado-Denver
- University of Cincinnati
- University of California-Santa Barbara
- University of California-Berkeley
- Texas A&M
- Technical University of Munich (Germany)
- Oral Roberts University
- Lehigh University
- Keio University
- Drexel University
- Carnegie-Mellon University
Click here to learn more about the competition.