The Purdue Research Foundation’s Office of Technology Commercialization has announced its newest class of the Innovators Hall of Fame.
Now in its fifth year, the program recognizes Purdue scientists and researchers who have made a “positive impact on the global society” through their research.
The 25-member class covers a broad spectrum of research, including drug discovery, food security, cybersecurity, and space exploration.
“Purdue scientists and researchers are committed to innovation technologies and inventions that will provide an impact to help people around the world,” said Brooke Beier, vice president of Purdue Research Foundation’s Office of Technology Commercialization. “The Innovator Hall of Fame program is one way we can recognize their hard work and dedication to help others through the commercialization and applications of their innovations.”
To be considered, an inductee must have filed a patent for innovation through OTC, discovered a technology that is widely use to help society, founded or co-founded a company to commercialize an innovation, been recognized by federal research support agencies, and receive research funding for their life-changing innovations.
Here are the inductees:
- Steven R. Abel, Professor, Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy; Associate Provost, Purdue Office of Engagement
- Sylvie Brouder, Professor of Agronomy; Wickersham Chair of Excellence in Agricultural Research; Director of the Purdue University Water Quality Field Station
- Darcy Bullock, Lyles Family Professor of Civil Engineering; Director, Joint Transportation Research Program, Lyles School of Civil Engineering, College of Engineering
- Barrett Caldwell, Professor of Industrial Engineering; Director, Grouper Laboratory, School of Industrial Engineering; Courtesy appointment, Aeronautics & Astronautics; Director, NASA Space Grant Consortium, College of Engineering
- Todor Cooklev, Harris Chair of Wireless Communication and Applied Research; Director, Center for Wireless Technology, College of Engineering, Technology and Computer Science, Purdue University, Fort Wayne
- John Cushman, Distinguished Professor, Professor of Mathematics, Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, College of Science
- Melissa Dark, W.C. Furnas Professor in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute, Computer and Information Technology, Purdue Polytechnic Institute
- Mara Faccio, Duke Realty Chair in Finance, Professor of Management, Krannert School of Management, Purdue University
- Rao Govindaraju, Christopher B. and Susan S. Burke Professor of Civil Engineering, Bowen Engineering Head in the Lyles School of Civil Engineering, College of Engineering
- Ayman Habib, Thomas A. Page Professor of Civil Engineering, Lyles School of Civil Engineering; PI, Digital Photogrammetery Research Group, College of Engineering
- Bruce Hamaker, Distinguished Professor of Food Science, Department of Food Science; Director of Whistler Center for Carbohydrate Research, College of Agriculture
- Kathleen C. Howell, Hsu Lo Distinguished Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics, School of Aeronautics and Astronautics, College of Engineering
- Mamoru Ishii, Walter Zinn Distinguished Professor of Nuclear Engineering, School of Nuclear Engineering, College of Engineering
- Rafael Lang, Associate Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Department of Physics and Astronomy, College of Science
- Julia Laskin, William F. and Patty Miller Professor of Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, College of Science
- Nathan Mosier, Professor of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, College of Engineering
- Larry Murdock, Distinguished Professor of Entomology Emeritus, Department of Entomology, College of Agriculture
- Carol Post, Distinguished Professor of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy
- Laura Pyrak-Nolte, Distinguished Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Department of Physics and Astronomy, College of Science
- Torbert Rocheford, Patterson Endowed Chair, Department of Agronomy, College of Agriculture
- Farshid Sadeghi, Cummins Distinguished Professor of Mechanical Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Kenneth H. Sandhage, Reilly Professor of Materials Engineering, School of Materials Engineering, College of Engineering
- Yung C. Shin, Donald A. and Nancy G. Roach Professor of Advanced Manufacturing; Director, Purdue Center for Laser-based Manufacturing, School of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Nien-Hwa (Linda) Wang, Maxine Spencer Nichols Professor of Chemical Engineering, Davidson School of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Zhong-Yin Zhang, Distinguished Professor of Medicinal Chemistry, Robert C. and Charlotte P. Anderson Chair in Pharmacology; Head, Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology; Director, Purdue Institute for Drug Discovery, College of Pharmacy; College of Science
Click here to learn more about the Purdue Research Foundation’s Office of Commercial Technology.