The Indiana Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning has awarded more than $1.5 million in grants to pre-kindergarten programs throughout the state. The funding aims to help early learning providers and county coalitions serve more children and improve the quality of early education opportunities.
The funding for the grants was appropriated through legislation passed last year by the Indiana General Assembly as part of Governor Eric Holcomb’s Next Level Agenda. The capacity-building grants may be used for several purposes, including training and professional development of teaching staff, certain classroom materials, evidence-based curriculum or instructional materials, and other relevant needs to help expand capacity and/or improve quality programming to help programs become eligible to become an On My Way Pre-K provider.
The grants were awarded to 17 applicants representing 54 pre-kindergarten programs in 16 counties. The recipients include:
- Carrie Gosch Early Learning Center, Lake County: $37,500.00
- Community Foundation of Wabash County: $103,403.96
- CRADLES of Clay County: $1,600.00
- Early Learning Alliance of Huntington County: $127,343.00
- Early Learning Clinton County Coalition: $315,105.66
- Fuzzy Bear Ministry Preschool and Daycare, Montgomery County: $44,677.00
- Henry County Early Learning Coalition: $155,200.00
- Johnson County Learning Center: $114,344.00
- Kids Care Academy, Clark County: $9,000.00
- Lewis Cass Schools, Cass County: $53,586.00
- Maconaquah School Corp., Miami County: $22,998.30
- Madison Consolidated Early Development Center, Jefferson County: $46,620.00
- Marion County Early Childhood Education Coalition: $275,063.84
- Monroe County Community School Corp.: $46,500.00
- MSD of Lawrence Township, Marion County: $80,739.00
- Northern Rush County Schools: $71,642.50
- United Way of DeKalb County – Early Childhood Coalition: $38,935.00
All of the grants are for one year and include an option to request a no-cost extension if additional capacity-building activities have not been completed after one year.