The Fort Wayne Board of Park Commissioners has selected the planning group for the next two phases of the Riverfront Fort Wayne development. The group will develop the scope of work for the phases and prepare Request for Proposals for design, engineering, market analysis and and land use.
The Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation Department says Phase II and Phase II of the project will have a public component which will continue public access on both sides of the St. Marys River. However, the larger focus of both phases will be on encouraging private development adjacent to the river.
The department says the goal of the planning group is to begin issuing RFPs for infrastructure engineering in the first quarter of 2018. Subsequent RFPs for design, market analysis and land use will be issued after the infrastructure plan is completed.
The members of the Riverfront Development Phase II & III Planning Group include:
- Al Moll, Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation Executive Director/Co-Chair
- Mark Becker, Deputy Director Riverfront Development/Co-Chair
- Steve McDaniel, Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation Deputy Director Park Maintenance
- Alec Johnson, Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation Landscape Architect
- Chris Cloud, Allen County Board of Commissioners Executive Assistant
- Greg Leatherman, Community Development Division Director
- Anne Marie Smrchek, City Utilities Program Manager
- Paul Spoelhof, Community Development Senior Planner
- Nancy Townsend, Redevelopment Director
- John Urbahns, Greater Fort Wayne, Inc., Executive Vice President of Economic Development
- Patrick Zaharako, City of Fort Wayne, Assistant City Engineer
Officials broke ground on the $20 million first phase of the Riverfront Fort Wayne project in June. Work is expected to take 18 months to complete. You can learn more about the Riverfront project by clicking here.