Governor Mike Pence has honored 25 Indiana businesses for their longevity and service to their employees, communities and the state. Pence presented the Governor’s Century and Half Century Business Award to the companies Monday at the Statehouse.
The awards honor businesses that have stayed in operation for a minimum of 50 or 100 consecutive years and have also shown a commitment to community service.
"As Indiana celebrates its bicentennial, we honor the companies that have helped build a state with a record employment and continued economic growth," said Pence. "These companies, which have been growing and adding jobs here for at least 50 or 100 years, are an engine of our state’s economy. Their longevity sets a standard for excellence and has laid a foundation for each and every company choosing to start or grow here in Indiana today. Each one of these companies is an important part of our history and I’m confident they will play a key role in our state’s future."
The Century Award recipients include:
- AT&T (Indiana Bell): 137 years, Marion County
- Curry Auto Center Inc.: 101 years, Monroe County
- Flint & Walling Inc.: 150 years, Noble County
- Fred Toenges Shoes & Pedorthics: 124 years, Allen County
- Hofer and Davis Inc.: 101 years, Allen County
- Industrial Supply Co.: 100 years, Vigo County
- Lake City Bank: 144 years, Kosciusko County
- L.H. Sturm Hardware Co.: 121 years, Dubois County
- One America Financial Partners: 139 years, Marion County
- Peerless Cleaners: 101 years, Allen County
- Welch & Cornett Funeral Home: 100 years, Greene County
- Wolf Corp. 144 years, Allen County
The Half Century Award recipients include:
- Acro Engineering: 53 years, Decatur County
- Amick Welding Inc.: 84 years, Huntington County
- Bastian Solutions LLC: 63 years, Hamilton County
- Colligan and Company Inc.: 87 years, Allen County
- Cunningham Patterns and Engineering: 51 years, Bartholomew County
- Imagineering Finishing Technologies: 56 years, St. Joseph County
- Keller Development Inc.: 59 years, Allen County
- Kimball Electronics Inc.: 54 years, Dubois County
- Pyromation Inc.: 54 years, Allen County
- Rumbaugh Dentistry: 64 years, Allen County
- Schnitzelbank Restaurant: 54 years, Dubois County
- Superior LLC: 54 years, Lake County
- Ward Corp.: 52 years, Allen County
The governor’s office says more than 1,400 businesses throughout the state have been honored during the 25-year history of the award.