INVESTIndiana has named Elkhart-based Patrick Industries Inc. (Nasdaq: PATK) as its 2016 Indiana Public Company of the Year. The company received the honor Thursday at the INVESTIndiana Equity Conference.
Drew Industries Inc. (NYSE: DW), also based in Elkhart was the runner-up, followed by Indianapolis-based Angie’s List Inc. (Nasdaq: ANGI). INVESTIndiana determined the winner through based on criteria including returns on assets and equity, revenue growth, market performance and total return over two years.
The organization says Patrick Industries generated $920 million in revenues last year while employing 4,800 people in more than 60 facilities in 16 states. The company has made 29 acquisitions between 2010 and 2016, including Tennessee-based BH Electronics Inc., which was announced last month.
Both Patrick and Drew were included in the Fortune Fastest-Growing Companies top 100 list.
The remaining companies ranked in the top 10, in order, for the Public Company of the Year award include:
- Thor Industries Inc. (NYSE: THO) – Elkhart
- Wabash National Corp. (NYSE: WNC) – Lafayette
- Kimball International, Inc. (NASDAQ: KBAL) – Jasper
- KAR Auction Services, Inc. (NYSE: KAR) – Carmel
- Simon Property Group, Inc. (NYSE: SPG) – Indianapolis
- First Internet Bancorp (NASDAQ: INBK) – Fishers
- Berry Plastics Group, Inc. (NYSE: BERY) – Evansville