Two minor league ballparks in Indiana are ranked in the top 5 in the country as a great experience for fans, including the top spot which goes to Parkview Field in Fort Wayne.
The editors of Stadium Journey have ranked the home of the Fort Wayne TinCaps as the No. 1 Class A ballpark in Minor League Baseball, beating out ball fields for 29 other minor league clubs.
Four Winds Field in South Bend, home of the South Bend Cubs, comes in at No. 4.
According to the TinCaps organization, Parkview Field has reached the top spot seven times in the last nine years. It opened in 2009.
“The experience at Parkview Field is what all minor league baseball teams should strive for,” according to Stadium Journey.
The writers say the park offers “great food, great seating options, a great neighborhood, great entertainment, and great customer service.”
The ball club says earlier in 2019, Parkview Field was also identified by Ballpark Digest as the best ballpark in Class A. The second straight season to earn that designation.
“It’s certainly meaningful for us to see Parkview Field’s ballpark experience recognized and to play a role in Downtown Fort Wayne’s continued growth,” said TinCaps President Mike Nutter.
The TinCaps have announced plans for a new video board, plus two outfield-wall video boards and an upgraded sound system.
The 2020 season opens at Parkview Field on April 13.
Stadium Journey’s 2019 Top 10 Class A Ballparks:
- 1. Parkview Field (Fort Wayne TinCaps – Fort Wayne, Ind.)
- 2. Fluor Field (Greenville Drive – Greenville, S.C.)
- 3. Modern Woodmen Park (Quad Cities River Bandits – Davenport, Iowa)
- 4. Four Winds Field (South Bend Cubs – South Bend, Ind.)
- 5. FirstEnergy Park (Lakewood Blue Claws – Lakewood, N.J.)
- 6. Joseph P. Riley Jr. Park (Charleston RiverDogs – Charleston, S.C.)
- 7. Segra Park (Columbia Fireflies – Columbia, S.C.)
- 8. Fifth Third Field (Dayton Dragons – Dayton, Ohio)
- 9. Dow Diamond (Great Lakes Loons – Midland, Mich.)
- 10. SRP Park (Augusta GreenJackets – North Augusta, S.C.)