Indiana Secretary of Career Connections and Talent Blair Milo and Indiana Economic Development Corp. President Elaine Bedel will Friday join local representatives from the Community Education Coalition to designate the EcO Network of Southeast Indiana region as a 21st Century Talent Region. The EcO Network represents Batesville, Columbus, Greensburg, North Vernon, Rising Sun and Seymour.
The 21st Century Talent Regions program was announced earlier this year. The communities selected for the pilot project will work with the Office of Career Connections and Talent and the IEDC to develop and implement workforce development plans. In March, Milo appeared on Inside INdiana Business with Gerry Dick to talk about the program, which you can watch by clicking here.
In June, Governor Eric Holcomb announced northeast Indiana as the inaugural 21st Century Talent Region.
Friday’s designation announcement will feature a number of speakers, including:
- Blair Milo, Secretary of Career Connections and Talent
- Columbus Mayor James D. Lienhoop
- Elaine Bedel, President of IEDC
- Kathy Oren, Executive Director of Community Education Coalition
- Seymour Mayor Craig A. Luedeman
- Srikanth Padmanabhan, Vice President of Cummins Inc. and President of Cummins Engine Business
The event begins at 2 p.m at the Columbus City Hall Cal Brand Room 123 on Washington Street in Columbus.