The Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership has hired an executive recruiting firm to help the organization find its next president and chief executive officer. The economic development partnership has also chosen an eight-member committee to lead the search, following the departure of former CEO John Sampson.
Sampson, who led the organization for 15 years, announced in February he was stepping down. His last day was March 31.
The partnership has hired recruiting firm Waverly Partners to help find potential candidates for the job.
The search committee is working to finalize the position description and timeline and plans to begin the recruiting process immediately.
“The organization is now recognized as a leader in the state and nation, and it’s crucial to select the right leader to carry forward the mission and vision of the organization,” said Sherilyn Emberton, regional partnership governing board chair and president of Huntington University.
Below is the list of committee members:
- Mark Millett, Steel Dynamics Inc., search committee chair and Governing Board vice-chair
- Bill Bradley, LaGrange County Economic Development Corp.
- Ellen Cutter, Greater Fort Wayne Inc.
- Brian Emerick, Micropulse
- David Findlay, Lake City Bank
- Kristin Marcuccilli, STAR Financial Bank
- Mayor Steve McMichael, City of New Haven
- Edmond O’Neal, Northeast Indiana Works