The National Endowment for the Arts will award 11 grants totaling $215,000 to Indiana nonprofit arts organizations, cultural programming providers, and individual artists. The organization says this is the first of two major grant announcements for 2019.
“The arts enhance our communities and our lives, and we look forward to seeing these projects take place throughout the country, giving Americans opportunities to learn, to create, to heal, and to celebrate,” Mary Anne Carter, acting chairman of the NEA, said in a news release.
Indiana grants include:
- Rachel Custer – $25,000 Creative Writing Fellowship
- Adrian Matejka -$25,000 Creative Writing Fellowship
- American Cello Institute – $10,000 Challenge America
- Indiana Repertory Theatre – $20,000 Art Works
- Indiana State University – $10,000 Art Works
- Indianapolis Museum of Art – $30,000 Art Works
- Lotus Education & Arts Foundation – $35,000 Art Works
- Society of Ethnomusicology – $15,000 Art Works
- South Bend Symphony Orchestra – $10,000 Challenge America
- University of Saint Francis – $25,000 Art Works
- Young Audiences of Indiana – $10,000 Challenge America