The 500 Festival has announced a revised 2020 calendar of events, reflecting the new August date for the Indianapolis 500. The organization says 500 Festival Parade will now take place on August 22.
The 500 Festival continues to work through details for its 2020 events and says additional event details, including schedules and programming, will be announced as soon as they are finalized.
The 500 Festival’s intended 2020 calendar of events is below:
- 500 Festival Kickoff to May, presented by STAR Bank: Friday, August 7
- Salesforce & JPMorgan Chase 500 Festival Kids’ Day and Rookie Run: Saturday, August 8
- 500 Festival Breakfast at the Brickyard, presented by Midwestern Engineers, Inc. Saturday, August 15
- 500 Festival Volunteer Appreciation Day – Saturday, August 15
- 500 Festival Memorial Service, presented by Rolls-Royce – Friday, August 21
- 500 Festival Off the Grid, presented by KeyBank – Friday, August 21
- IPL 500 Festival Parade – Saturday, August 22
In addition to the rescheduled events, the organization says it is also working on new ways for the community to experience its events and programs virtually.
“We recognize the difficulty in scheduling public events during this ever-changing environment. At this time, we are putting together an intended schedule of events with the understanding that there is much to transpire between now and August. We will continue to follow the guidance and direction of health officials to ensure the appropriate environment for our participants, volunteers and staff,” said Bob Bryant, president and chief executive officer of the 500 Festival.
Tickets remain on sale for the 500 Festival’s rescheduled 2020 events. More information can be found by clicking here.