Carmel-based CNO Financial Group has announced a new charity program, Invested in Giving Back, where associates nominate and vote for a charity to receive a donation. Chief Marketing Officer Gerardo Monroy says the program gives company employees a voice in how CNO donations are allocated, while positively impacting the community.
As part of the initiative, the company selected one employee out of candidates that completed a minimum of 40 volunteer hours for the 2019 Volunteer of the Year Award. The award results in a $10,000 donation made to the charity of the award recipient’s choice.
The nine local nonprofits that received a share of the $160,000 from the program are:
- American Cancer Society
- Alzheimer’s Association (Greater Indiana Chapter)
- Children’s Scholarship Fund Philadelphia
- CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana
- Mended Little Hearts of Indianapolis
- PAWS Chicago
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
"We’re excited to see such high employee engagement in our new charity program and we’re proud to continue supporting nonprofit organizations that address the health and financial wellness of middle-income Americans." Monroy said in a news release.