Two Indiana hospitals are ranked nationally on an annual list from U.S. News and World Report. The publication also released its ranking of the top hospitals in Indiana.
The Indiana University Health Academic Health Center in Indianapolis was nationally-ranked in eight adult specialties and 10 children’s specialties, while St. Vincent Hospital and Health Center in Indianapolis was considered among the best in the nation in one adult specialties.
Dozens of others throughout the state also earned high performing marks from the publication. U.S. News and World Report considers factors including hospital volume, nurse staffing, hospital resources, reputation, patient safety and risk-adjusted mortality.
The top hospitals in Indiana are:
- 1. IU Health Academic Health Center in Indianapolis
- 2. St. Vincent Hospital and Health Center in Indianapolis
- 3. IU Health North Hospital in Carmel
- 4(T). IU Health Bloomington Hospital
- 4(T). St. Mary’s Medical Center of Evansville
- 6. Deaconess Hospital in Evansville
- 7. IU Health West Hospital in Avon
- 8(T). Elkhart General Hospital
- 8(T). IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie
- 8(T). Parkview Regional Medical Center in Fort Wayne
- 8(T). St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Mishawaka
You can connect to the full list of Indiana hospitals by clicking here.