The Mecum Auction’s annual Original Spring Classic event at the Indiana State Fairgrounds set a record. The organization says overall sales grew 24 percent from the previous year, generating nearly $70 million.
Mecum says 1,406 vehicles were sold at the auction with the highest-selling vehicle being a 2017 Ford GT that sold for $1.8 million. The Keith Busse Corvette Pace Car Collection was sold in its entirety for $1.8 million, followed by a 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO, which sold for $561,000.
"Sales totals have increased by more than 20-percent for each of the past two years of our Spring Classic auction, and just halfway through 2018, Mecum’s growth across the board has already proven to be exponential with similar increases occurring at several of our other annual auctions as well," said Consignment Director Frank Mecum. "It’s truly an exciting time to be a part of the collector-car community."
The top 10 sales from the event include:
- 2017 Ford GT at $1,815,000
- The Keith Busse Corvette Pace Car Collection at $1,760,000
- 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO at $561,000
- Kookie’s Kar at $484,000
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback at $423,500
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette N03 at $418,000
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette N03 at $412,500
- 2006 Ford GT at $396,000
- The Golden Sahara II at $385,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe at $385,000
Mecum says the auction finished a strong sell-through rate of 76 percent.