A growing number of businesses nationwide is requiring customers to wear masks when shopping and visiting.
The American Hotel & Lodging Association has released the “Safe Stay Guest Checklist” on how to travel safely while also creating a standardized safety experience nationwide.
The checklist is part of an industry-wide, enhanced set of health and safety protocols.
“The top priority for the hotel industry is the health and safety of guests and employees. Utilizing these best practices, including requiring face coverings and practicing social distancing in public spaces, will create an even safer environment for all our guests and employees,” said Chip Rogers, president and chief executive officer of AHLA. “We applaud governors who have standardized the use of face coverings in all indoor public spaces and we urge all lawmakers to help make this a national standard by implementing this requirement in their states.”
The Safe Stay Guest Checklist includes:
- Require face coverings in all indoor public spaces and practice social distancing in all common areas.
- Choose contactless options, where available, including online reservations, check-ins, and payments.
- Consider daily room cleaning, only if necessary. Ask the hotel about your options.
- Request contactless room service delivery.
- Refrain from traveling if you have, or recently had, any symptoms of COVID-19 or contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
Michigan-based Meijer says shoppers must now wear a face covering or face mask when shopping at any Meijer store. The new policy went into effect Monday.
Similarly, Petsmart is requiring all customer and employees to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth.
The retailers also encourage customers to maintain 6 feet of social distancing.