Indianapolis-based Marsh Supermarkets has announced plans to close nine more stores later this month. The grocery chain says the decision, which brings this month’s closure total to 18, was "solely the product of the difficult competitive environment."
The newly-announced closures will take place May 21 and May 27. Six of the stores are located in the greater Indianapolis area. The announcement follows a similar one in late April, in which the grocery chain detailed the closure of seven stores. Marsh also announced last week it is closing its pharmacies at 37 Indiana locations.
The new store closures include:
Closing May 21:
- 8766 E. 96th Street, Fishers
- 3633 Kentucky Avenue, Indianapolis
- 500 S. Buffalo Street, Warsaw
- 1960 E. Greyhound Pass, Carmel
Closing May 27:
- 2002 Stafford Road, Plainfield
- 17901 River Avenue, Noblesville
- 2940 N. Broadway, Anderson
- 5830 W. 86th Street, Indianapolis
- 1900 S. Hoyt Avenue, Muncie
Marsh previously announced the following seven stores would close on May 14:
- 6243 E. Washington St., Indianapolis
- 5104 N. Franklin, Indianapolis
- 7481 Shadeland, Indianapolis
- 2021 E. Wabash, Frankfort
- 824 N. Third St., Logansport
- 731 E. Elm, Union City, Ohio
- 218 W. Lincoln, Portland
Marsh has already closed its store at 1240 N. State St. in Greenfield and will close the store at 2135 N. Post Rd. in Indianapolis on Saturday.