Cincinnati-based Macy’s Inc. (NYSE: M) says its Honey Creek Mall location in Terre Haute will close along with 10 others as part of previously-announced cutbacks nationwide. Clearance sales are expected to start Monday and could last up to 12 weeks.
In August of 2016, the retailer detailed plans to close approximately 100 stores throughout the U.S. The Vigo County location is the first in the state to be cut out of the more than 80 identified or shuttered to-date.
Macy’s says the streamlining efforts are designed to "ensure the optimal mix of brick & mortar stores and digital footprint." In all, 124 Macy’s stores have been closed since 2015.
The locations targeted in this round of closings are:
- Laguna Hills Mall in California
- Westside Pavilion in California
- Novato (Furniture) in California
- Stonestown Galleria in California
- The Oaks in Florida
- Miami (Downtown) in Florida
- Magic Valley Mallin Idaho
- Honey Creek Mall in Terre Haute
- Birchwood Mall in Michigan
- Fountain Place in downtown Cincinnati
- Burlington Town Center in Vermont
You can connect to more about the closings in the company’s fourth quarter earnings report by clicking here.